Server management services are indeed components of a broad terminology, and the operations offered by different providers may differ. Regardless, server management is acquiring management or access to a physical, virtual, or application server to perform specific managerial or maintenance tasks.
It also provides server monitoring and awareness, which allows you to see how a server is performing and how you may improve it. Evaluating and fixing high server loads fall under the said category.
High load on your servers Defines the Need of Server Management Services
It’s one of those issues that’s the equivalent of a server outage and puts your service level agreement and your company’s reputation on the line. No serious busines owner can afford to allow their servers to undergo the downtime due to high load and server down troubles in the competitive hosting sector.
Clients are affected by poor loading speed, inaccessibility, and numerous errors cropping up on websites with database related faults as a result of the excessive load. Your poor investment or choice of Server management services starts losing you potential revenue by the minute.
Furthermore, you begin to receive complaints from your end customers who are running mission-critical apps and doing live internet transactions.
And can you really blame them?
It’s 2022, Time IS Money!
Customers discover email difficulties and various mistakes while uninformed of what is going on, disrupting their normal company operations. Now, the question is, what do you do when you encounter high load problems?
Identifying the Cause of High Load on your Cloud Managed Servers
- Overloaded server
- Hard disk performance
- Process & Cron job scheduling
- Database performance.
- Viruses and malware’s
Only when you know what you’re up against, can you fix the real problem. A competent server management services partner would know where to look, so really, it’s about expertise and experience.
A Methodological Approach to Fend Off High Load Issues
- Select a Good Cloud Based Server/ Server hardware: The server’s hardware has a significant impact on its performance.
You’ll need to figure out how many accounts/domains you’ll be hosting on your server before placing a purchase.
If you have several accounts on your server, you will run out of resources. Only once you have adequate resources on your server does optimization benefit. Start harnessing the power of quality cloud managed services, which set resource limits per account.
- Select a Good Hard Disk Drive: SSD (Solid State Drives) are usually recommended by experts since they operate far better than standard SATA discs.
On many forums and websites, you can understand more about SSD discs. The majority of servers now come with SSD drives are much less expensive than traditional disc servers.
- Strategize your Backup Scheduling: A capable Server Management Services will configure the backup to execute within the off periods, as the backup would be completed faster because the server’s capacity will be primarily free.
You can figure out how your server is used and when your backups should be done.
- Don’t Lose out on Tracking the Mail Server: The main issue here is that you won’t be able to browse the shell if your server is under heavy traffic. So, what are your options now?
Adding monitoring notifications to your monitoring tool is the best option.
- Recognize security threats such as viruses and malware: Viruses and malware can attack servers hosting unsecured websites like WordPress and e-commerce applications.
Websites running older versions, insecure third-party plugins, and other factors could be to blame. Outgoing DDOS attacks can be carried out using insecure websites, resulting in excessive CPU consumption and network traffic. Ensure your Cloud Managed Servers are well protected against potential risks.
Sandra Network has been churning the technological innovations to bring the most reliable Server Management Services onboard. Consult them today for expert opinions on IT operations.